It is currently flourishing trekking in Annapurna region which takes us very close to the Himalayas closer than our expectation. The next day, after arrival in Kathmandu, we have one full day sightseeing of the tour in Kathmandu valley with our tour guide. Next day, we catch the bus or alternatively 30 minute flight towards Pokhara from where we begin our trekking. Next day, we will start our trekking after one hour driving from Pokhara. Our trail leads us along Deurali, forest camp, High Camp and towards the Mardi Himal base camp.
This trail situated in the eastern part of the Annapurna Himalayan Range with admirable natural beauties, rich in vegetation and diversity in culture. The trail passes through different local villages of different ethnic groups of Himalayan region including Gurung and Magar. We will enjoy a lot among friendly local people and their culture and tradition along with the magnificent view of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Annapurna South, Hiuchuli and many more. It is relatively in quite region for trekking in comparisons of other trekking in Annapurna. Maximum altitude of this trekking, the Mardi Himal base camp(4500 m) and starting altitude is Phedi(800 meters).
Day to Day Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (820M), explore lakeside in the afternoon (7 Hours’ Drive)
- Day 03: Pokhara to Deurali (2100m/3hrs)
- Day 04: Deurali to Forest Camp (2600m/4 hours)
- Day 05: Forest Camp to Low Camp (3035m/4 Hours)
- Day 06: Low Camp to High Camp (3550m/4 Hours)
- Day 07: High Camp to Upper View Point (4200m), back to High Camp (4.5 Hours)
- Day 08: High Camp to Forest Camp (2600m/4 hours)
- Day 09: Forest Camp to Landruk (1780m/5 hours)
- Day 10: Landruk to Nayapool (1070M), drive to Pokhara (6 Hours/1.5 Hour Drive)
- Day 11: Today you are free and you can make an individual excursions.
- Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 13: Exploring the Kathmandu city
- Day 14: The Last day
- Airport transters (Pick up and Drop)
- As per program, accommodation in hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast.
- Meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking.
- Fresh fruits during trekking.
- Double occupancy rate.
- Mardi Himal trekking map.
- Experienced Government licensed holder guide.
- Travel & Rescue arrangements.
- Porter / Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking.
- Food, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local taxes for guide and porter.
- All necessary paper work and permits.
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System).
- All government taxes and tourist service charges.
- Meals and drinks while in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your personal travel insurance.
- All kinds of drinks on the treks.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers (tipping is expected).
- Personal shopping and laundry.
- Personal extra trekking equipment (i.e. custom poles).
Accomodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara will be 3 star categories hotels with Breakfast. You may upgrade your accommodations for a surcharge.
- Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to hotelHeartily welcome to the Kathmandu, the capital city of Himalayan Kingdom and the city of Pagodas. Divine Excursion will happily welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport. Our airport representative or tour operator guides you to the hotel. You can enjoy your free time. In the evening, we have a meeting with our tour operator or tour guide for the required information about day to day program. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 02Drive to Pokhara (820M), explore lakeside in the afternoon (7 Hours’ Drive)After breakfast, we will take the bus to Pokhara (Flight also Possible on request). The drive is very pleasant along the beautiful countryside of Nepal. The road mostly leads us to nearby the different rivers. Sometimes we might see rafters enjoying in white water of Himalayan Rivers. During the drive, we may grateful with the scenery of several beautiful mountains, terraced fields of rice, isolated traditional villages and some newly established towns. Also possibly, snowy peaks may welcome us in some places. It's an incredible drive though the road condition is not so good everywhere. In between we will take a lunch break. Finally, after reaching Pokhara, we can enjoy our free time and prepare for next day trekking. Overnight at a Hotel in Pokhara.
- Day 03Pokhara to Deurali (2100m/3hrs)After breakfast, we will catch the bus for around 1 hour to Kande. After Kande, we have to steeply ascend approximately 1 hour through a small Gurung village, terraces of rice and forest of rhododendrons to Australian Camp. Then after 35 minutes of walk, we will arrive at Pothana and take a lunch break. After registration in the check post of Annapurna conservation area, we will walk again around 1- 1.5 hours more to Pritam Deurali for overnight. It’s a natural trail along Annapurna conservation area, mostly covers with dense forest. From some of the places, we see beautiful scenery of Annapurna range. Overnight at a lodge with full board.
- Day 04Deurali to Forest Camp (2600m/4 hours)From here we chose another trail to Annapurna base camp. On the other side is Deurali and on the right side, we will see the mark of arrow to point out the trail of forest camp. Our trail passes through forest of the rhododendrons. At first ascend then we will reach to the top of a ridge. There is a section just on the half way where the trail drops steeply and then slowly gains height and then back onto the ridge and into the Forest Camp (2600m) after about 4 hour of trekking. Today, we will stop here for overnight. We have few options to choose the lodges for overnight. All the lodges are simple but clean.
- Day 05Forest Camp to Low Camp (3035m/4 Hours)The trail is initially leads us to steep uphill but soon the slope will slightly change and will be much easier to walk. Around an hour to uphill, we will reach another teahouse called Rest Camp which can be another alternative to overnight other than forest camp. Today, we have around 2.5-3 hours of short walking mostly through the jungle and occasional glimpses of Annapurna South. Low camp is a very small place with only a couple of lodges opened for providing basic meals and accommodation to the trekkers. Overnight with full board.
- Day 06Low Camp to High Camp (3550m/4 Hours)The trail leads us again between the jungle, but after 1 hour of walking, gradually the jungle will be disappear and we will find ourselves in the meadow with spectacular views of Machhapuchhre and Annapurna South. Also beautiful birds like Himalayan Monalo (impeyan monal), impeyan pheasant (Danphe) are everywhere visible from here. Then around 3 hour of walking along the rigid, we will be there at High Camp (3550m). Overnight in local lodge with full board.
- Day 07High Camp to Upper View Point (4200m), back to High Camp (4.5 Hours)We will wake up early in the morning and walk towards the view point for sunrise over the Himalayas. After sunrise, we will then return back to the lodge and take the breakfast and pack the lunch and walk towards the upper viewpoint with our day packs. Initially, we will ascend and after a while the path leads us to downhill, but sometimes we have to go along steeps and narrow trail. Later on, it passes through meadow and we will walk along a narrow ridge to reach the Upper Viewpoint. The view of the Himalayan vista from here is astonishing. From here we will see Mardi Himal (5587m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna south (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Baraha Shikhar (Mt. Fang) (7647m), Tent Peak (5695m), Singhachuli (6501m), Machapuchhre (6993m) and others. We trek back to the high camp for an overnight stay. Overnight at High Camp with full board.
- Day 08High Camp to Forest Camp (2600m/4 hours)This is also another downhill trail. After 4 hours we will be there at Forest Camp but we take a short break at Low Camp for tea and coffee. Overnight at Lodge at forest camp with full board .
- Day 09Forest Camp to Landruk (1780m/5 hours)Descending along our trail again, it brings us inside the forest and after 5 hours the trail mostly leads us toward downhill then we will arrive at Landruk village. This is a huge Gurung village, ethnic cast lies on the way to Annapurna Base Camp. The trail is quiet and peaceful because of low numbers of trekkers. Overnight at Landruk village with full board.
Day 10: Landruk to Nayapool (1070M), drive to Pokhara (6 Hours/1.5 Hour Drive)
It's easy to descend between rice fields till to Modhi Khola (Stream). After crossing it, around 1 hour uphill on the another side ,we will see the river’s valley which is also between rice field.Our trail flattened and gradually descend through the valley of Modhi Khola to Birethati, and extends further to Nayapool where our trekking ends. From Nayapool, will take the bus. It is a 1.5 hour drive to Pokhara via Naudanda. Overnight at a hotel in Pokhar.
- Day 10Landruk to Nayapool (1070M), drive to Pokhara (6 Hours/1.5 Hour Drive)It's easy to descend between rice fields till to Modhi Khola (Stream). After crossing it, around 1 hour uphill on the another side ,we will see the river’s valley which is also between rice field.Our trail flattened and gradually descend through the valley of Modhi Khola to Birethati, and extends further to Nayapool where our trekking ends. From Nayapool, will take the bus. It is a 1.5 hour drive to Pokhara via Naudanda. Overnight at a hotel in Pokhar.
- Day 11Today you are free and you can make an individual excursions.Enjoy your time in the beautiful city of Pokahar with Phewa Lake and the mind blowing and breathing taking view of the mountains. Personally, you can also make a trip to Devi’s fall or a trip to the Peace Pagoda from where you can see the spectacular views of the Annapurna Range and Dhaulagiri and Pokhara valley. A boat tour at Phewa lake is also an alternative. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
- Day 12Fly back to KathmanduIt is the main highlight of this tour. Today we will take the flight along the Himalayan range towards Kathmandu. Once again we have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Himalayan range in the background but, we have to choose the left side of window seat .
- Day 13Exploring the Kathmandu cityWe will drive to Pashupatinath, one of the most sacred place for Hindus. Once in the life they have the initial urge to visit in this temple. It is the temple of Shiva and goes back to 3rd century BC of its origination. It is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites of Kathmandu valley which lies as ritual and cultural center for all the Hindus. It is situated at the Bank of the holy river, Bagamati, the lifeline of civilization in this valley. At the bank of the river, near to the temple is one of the main place of Kathmandu and second largest place in the world to criminate the dead body of Hindus. Hindus bring the dead body at the bank of the river and perform all rituals. They used to burn it with the help of firewood. It is also one of the energy place in Kathmandu valley so, almost every time covers with lots of Yogis and Sadhus (holy man) and their engagement in Yoga and meditation.
In the afternoon, it’s the time to visit the Swayambhunath the stupa ( a beautiful Buddhist temple). It is situated almost in the middle of the Kathmandu valley and dated 5th century BC of it’s establishment and lies almost at the altitude of 1500m. It is the sacred place for both Hindu and Buddhist and one of the best places to spend time peacefully in between noise of Kathmandu. The main Stupa (the temple) lies at the top of Swayambhu hill from where we can observe the whole Kathmandu valley and mountains surrounded around the Kathmandu valley. When the weather is clear, then we can see the Himalayas of Langtang range. Drive back to the hotel for overnight.
- Day 14The Last dayTransfer to the airport for international flights
Above itinerary can be designed according to your preferences. Please let us know whether you would like to make it a shorter or longer. Also, if you would like to stay longer, we offer Paraglidg in Pokhara, city guided tour in Pohara & Kathmandu, white water rafting or safari tour in the Chitwan national Park, Mountain flight from Kathmandu, Mountain Bike in Kathmandu etc. The cost would be extra for rafting, safari, Paragliding, mountain flight &mountain Bike etc .
In this package, we have included 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu & 3 nights in Pokhara at 2-3 star hotels on BB plan, meals and accommodations during trekking, farewell dinner in Kathmandu, domestic flights from Jomsom to Pokhara, all ground transportation by private car, an experienced guide and porter and all of the government taxes and the necessary permits.